Saturday, August 8, 2015

Unpopular Opinions Tag

  So, I saw this tag on Annika Smith's blog, (please check out her blog it is really awesome)  and I needed post ideas anyway, so I decided to do it! This seems like it is going to be fun!

                     A Popular Book/Series You Didn't Like

 
I started reading this, and I put it down and never picked it up again. Hazel seemed kind of whiny and I just wasn't appealed to by this book.
Also,

The Finishing School series I didn't like. I started to read the first one, and I actually started to like it, but then they had to get into Werewolves, which I have always hated. Too bad.

A Popular Book/Series Everyone Hates but You Love
I honestly could not think of any other one. But this series is great so far. I'm on the third book, and I love it. I've heard some bad reviews, so that's why I'm putting under this category.

A Love Triangle Where the Protagonist Ended Up With the Person You Didn't Want Them to Be With

You weren't expecting this, were you? Well, I really, really think Jo should have married Laurie. IN my opinion, Amy's age was too far from Laurie's. Totally upsetting.

A Popular Genre You Hardly Read
I honestly can't stand the teenage romance types of books. No, I don't mind romance in a story. But when it is solely about the romance. It is also unrealistic as teenage romances rarely last anyway. So I guess my answer would be YA Romance. 


A Popular/Beloved Character You Dislike

I know that he is a villain, but I honestly can't see why people like the Joker. He is purely evil and I just can't stand him.

A Popular Author You Can't Seem to Get Into

Image result for john green

Everyone really likes John Green. I just don't. His books (or at least the ones I seen) are basically about teenage romance which I said before I dislike. 



A Popular Trope You're Tired of Reading


Unless there is a very, very specific reason for having your character be The Chosen One, it is a cliche that I'm tired of. (That is, unless the book is well written) 
Also,
Vampires and Werewolves. I can't stand those creatures. I guess because they are oversexualized in so many stories and not written as monsters (which they actually are).


A Popular Series You Have No Interest in Reading

  

The Mortal Instrument series and also The Selection series have never appealed to me. I've never read them, and I never intend to.

A Show/Movie Adaptation You Liked Better Than the Book


The Princess Diaries book was terrible, but I just loved the movie. Especially since it had my all-time favorite actress in it: Julie Andrews. 


A Popular Style of Cover That You Can't Stand

I don't know if this counts, but I don't like when the book has a perfectly good cover, and then a movie adaption of it comes out and the cover changes to something from the movie. That totally makes me sad. 

That is all for today! 

-The Bandit

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE RANGER'S APPRENTICE! It is a fantastic series.

    ReplyDelete